[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1855
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2008-04-16 02:13:22 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-sender greylists unknown local users

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Willi Burmeister uttered...:
> milter-sender knows it's a local recipient but is not checking whether
> this user really exists.
>
> How can I ensure these check for local accounts?

milter-sender doesn't actually check local accounts, that is left to
sendmail to determine. The milter just records the tuple.

> How about first checking for existing users and only do callback if
> this didn't fail?

This is not always possible especially when the milter is run on a mail
gateway that is not the mail store. Call-ahead would normally take care
of that, however call-backs aim to verify the sender regardless of the
recipient. The milter performs the call-back at MAIL FROM: time, not at
RCPT TO: time.

--
Anthony C Howe        Twitter: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78       Skype: SirWumpus        BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search