[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1853
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2008-04-09 02:53:45 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-clamc - Maximum message size to scan

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Richard McLean uttered...:
> Is there a setting we can use with milter-clamc to say "If a message
> is over X MB in size just let it through and don't send it to clamd"?
> We don't want to block large files, or limit senders to a particular
> number, but we also don't want our clients who are sending 200MB+
> files around to have them having to run through clamd. Thanks!

You should check your clamd.conf settings concerning max. file sizes.

milter-clamc does have an undocumented option that only appears in the
-help usage output.

# Max. number of kilobytes to pass to clamd, 0 for unlimited.
clamd-max-size=0

It's undocumented as it is unclear what effect this might have on clamd
(does clamd handle early EOF gracefully, especially if it's in the
middle of expanding archive attachments). I've not really tested this
extensively, so you mileage may vary. I'd make sure you're running the
latest stable clamd.

--
Anthony C Howe        Twitter: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78       Skype: SirWumpus        BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search