[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1847
From: Richard McLean
Date: 2008-03-30 22:20:37 -0400
Subject: Centralizing milters

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Hi All,

Up until now we've been running single server type situations with the
snert milters, self-contained with each server running their own
copies of the milters. Now we're looking to centralize, particularly
with ClamAV and Spamassassin.

I know the hows and the whys, just wondering if there are any gotchas
to look out for, good values for limits/timeouts, or any tips for the
clamd/spamd config.

And to add another question to this, how do you currently separate the
services? For example, do you have:

a) the milters running on each server, and central clamd/spamd.

or

b) Centralized everything (milters, clamd, and spamd), and using
    IP:port for the socket in the sendmail.mc on the individual
    servers?

If we could get clamd, spamd AND the milters off of the individual
servers that would be great, but worried about issues of sendmail
compatibility if the versions differ at some stage between central
server and the individual ones if we move the milters as well.

Thoughts? Thanks!

cheers,
Richard

Lists Index Date Thread Search