[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1843
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2008-03-15 02:38:55 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-link and domain names in mail

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Jim Hermann uttered...:
> Could you change the uri utility so that it checks for URIs in RFC822 attac=
> hments?

You mean messasge/rfc822? I have mixed feelings on the matter which is
why there is a define in lib/util/uri.c. If you specify
-DTEST_MESSAGE_PARTS on the compile, #define TEST_MESSAGE_PARTS in the
source, or simple way:

cd com/snert/src/lib
CFLAGS=-DTEST_MESSAGE_PARTS ./configure
make clean build

then you can enable the checking on message/* parts in uri CLI and
milter-link.

The reasons for the mixed feelings is that you probably don't want to
URI filtering abuse@ or postmater@ accounts so that you can receive
abuse evidence. Of course you could white list them. I also wanted to
test the impact of it more on bounce and forward message handling before
turning it on, which I really haven't got around too, so I might as well
turn it on permanent in 1.67 and see what happens.

--
Anthony C Howe        Twitter: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78       Skype: SirWumpus        BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search