[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1841
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2008-03-14 13:08:38 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-link and domain names in mail

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Michael Grant uttered...:
> milter-link seems to scan specifically for links that begin with
> http:// or https:// (a full uri).  Would it be
a good idea to also
> have it scan for valid domain names as well?  Since most modern email
> interfaces now days make a valid domain name a link that opens in a
> browser, we're seeing more and more spams with just a domain name in
> the body rather than a proper uri.
>
> This may not be what milter-link was intended to do, I'm just tossing
> this out as a possible feature request.

milter-link does look for other URI such as mail address and other URI
with different scheme names. It also has implicit domain matching code,
but is broken in libsnert 1.66. Libsnert 1.67 will be released in few
weeks, with

  !  uriParse2(): implicit_domain_min_dots was been correctly handled
     but subsequently discarded, because a default scheme was not set.
     When an implied host name is found, assume HTTP scheme.

--
Anthony C Howe        Twitter: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78       Skype: SirWumpus        BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search