[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1818
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2007-12-22 10:53:20 -0500
Subject: Re: SPAMD status line failure

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Michael Grant wrote:
> I don't think it's a quite a timeout issue, the readline() is
> returning immediately with an EOF.  However, from the logs, it appears
> that spamd does in fact process the message but returns it's result
> several seconds (not 2 min) after the status line failure.
>
> Through experimentation, I have discovered that this error only
> happens with large messages, particularly messages with large
> attachments.  It is definitely related to message size rather than
> server load.

OK. Try then setting in /etc/mail/milter-spamc.cf

	spamd-max-size=0

or to a larger value. By default milter-spamc only processes the first
64K for efficiency. Typically spam larger than 64K is rare. There might
be a similar size limit option in the newer spamd (I know clamd has a
max. limit settings for over message size and attachments).

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         ICQ: 7116561          BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search