[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1805
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2007-11-09 13:03:37 -0500
Subject: Re: Milter-Gris with Sendmail & Whitelisting

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Thom Paine wrote:
> I'm having a problem with the Ontario Government mail server hammering
> the hell out of my server every minute, trying to send email.
> Rather than starting a futile argument with someone there, I would
> like to add them to a whitelist.
>
> I read through the docs, and I see it talking about adding domains and
> ip to a whitelist, and other ones like the ebay alerts and things like
> that, but I'm unsure where to put them.

They go into the sendmail access.db.

See the milter-gris documentation concerning access-db option.

Something like:

	Connect:gov.on.ca  OK

or

	milter-gris-connect:gov.on.ca	OK

If you want to do it by IP then you can specify an exact IP like:

	milter-gris-Connect:204.41.5.22		OK

or an old style class

	milter-gris-Connect:204.41.5		OK

or if you want to do slice on an odd CIDR then

	milter-gris-Connect:204.41.5.22		[204.41.5.22/26]OK NEXT

> I don't seem to have an /etc/greylist.conf file on my system. Do I

Milter-gris does not use a greylist.conf file. It used a milter-gris.cf
for the options only. All B/W listing are handled in the sendmail access
file.

> therefore add these ip's to my /etc/mail/access file? And if so, do I
> just place the IP there, or do I need to put OK after it as well?

You always add things to this file in pairs. A left-hand-side KEY,
whitespace, and the remainder of the line is the VALUE.

> Could someone provide me a quick example to get me started?
>
> The offending mailserver is this in my log:
>
> Nov  4 12:39:00 mail sendmail[8786]: lA4Hcxs9008786:
> from=<Ron.Langer@ontario.ca>, size=260107, class=0, nrcpts=0,
> proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA, relay=ctspotdcemmsg02.cihs.gov.on.ca
> [204.41.5.22]
>
> It started sending mail on Oct 30 and tried every minute......

I would still recommend contacting them because they obviously have
broken something.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         ICQ: 7116561          BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search