[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1777
From: Rose, Bobby
Date: 2007-10-08 10:39:46 -0400
Subject: Re: Milters and access.db

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Well after I watching more closely, I noticed that this the intermittent
issue is occurring after milter-sender has reopened the access.db file
after an access file rebuild. =20
For example, I found see "Oct  7 16:10:18 eeyore milter-sender[1635]:
reopening "/etc/mail/access.db"..." and "Oct  7 16:20:38 eeyore
milter-sender[1635]: reopening "/etc/mail/access.db"..."  But between
16:10 and 16:20, I had systems being greylisted and sender addresses
validated during that time.

After discovering this, I've configured milter-sender to use it's own
access database file which isn't getting rebuilt all the time in
comparison to the one sendmail is using.  This seems to have resolve the
intermitent issue which milter-sender not finding access entries after
an access.db makemap.  It'll probably also resolve the same issue I had
with milter-error doing the same thing.

I betting no one is seeing this since they may not be frequently
updating their access files as much.

Bobby Rose
Senior Systems Administrator
MSIS Network Operations
Wayne State University School of Medicine
=20