[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1762
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2007-10-06 13:55:52 -0400
Subject: Re: Milter-Link problem - Timeout Error

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Jim Hermann - UUN Hostmaster wrote:
> [...]

Actual link detection happens after final dot, so the E: would apply and
should not exceed 10m (RFC 2821). It should be sufficiently long to
allow for several DNS lookups to timeout. Since milter-link can be DNS
intensive, your machine should be consulting a local caching DNS server
either on the same machine or one you manage in order to minimise latency.

If you're seeing in the logs messages from sendmail about not being able
to connect to milter-link, then the C: would be related to those.

Also depending on your system load you might need to increase
milter-queue (common to all Snert milters).

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         ICQ: 7116561          BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search