[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1743
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2007-09-24 04:05:47 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-report compiler error

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Christian 'CBE' Benner wrote:
> I tried to recompile another milter which I've compiled yesterday
> succesfully...I run into the sam error like on milter-report.

> Sounds like "Science fiction" for me but *g* let me ask if there is a
> part of selfreorganisation code in your lib *g*...

The ./configure script for libsnert generates version.h and version.sh
based on all the tests for headers, libraries, and functions. The
version.sh is used by the milter's ./configure and makefile to set the
necessary compile options and link libraries; version.h is used by the
.c files to determine what functions are available and assorted settings.

So all the milters, roundhouse, and BarricadeMX are all dependent on
libsnert's configuration. Libsnert tries to figure out stuff best it
can, but there are some configure options to control compile time
behaviour, see

	cd com/snert/src/lib
	./configure --help

When there is a milter compile/link error, it often stems from a
libsnert configuration error that was missed.

> (*scratch one's head*)

Why don't you contact me off-list and provide me a login to one of your
machines so that I can have a look myself. Probably be faster.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         ICQ: 7116561          BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search