[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1728
From: Derek J. Balling
Date: 2007-09-23 08:33:25 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-link problems

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

On Sep 23, 2007, at 8:22 AM, Anthony Howe wrote:
>> 2.) For testing reasons I habe on a test machine the following
>> simple =
>> access.db
>>
>> Connect:localhost.localdomain           RELAY
>> Connect:localhost                       RELAY
>
> Never the above two. These should be deleted, because a spammer could
> try to relay through your machine with:
>
> spammer.ip.addr.here IN PTR localhost.localdomain.

No he couldn't, because (if everything is working properly) sendmail
won't "trust" that PTR record because there's no corresponding A
record for "localhost.localdomain" pointing at the IP address.

That's not to say that

>> Connect:127.0.0.1                       RELAY

isn't good enough, but what you're describing wouldn't/shouldn't be an
issue.

Cheers,

-- Type: application/pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s