[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1725
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2007-09-23 08:22:42 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-link problems

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Christian 'CBE' Benner wrote:
> 1.) It seems that milter-link  does not handles UTF Domains (like =
> www.l=F6s=E4.cn)  ???

Currently not supported.

> 2.) For testing reasons I habe on a test machine the following simple =
> access.db
>
> Connect:localhost.localdomain           RELAY
> Connect:localhost                       RELAY

Never the above two. These should be deleted, because a spammer could
try to relay through your machine with:

spammer.ip.addr.here IN PTR localhost.localdomain.

> Connect:127.0.0.1                       RELAY
> milter-link-Body:aol.com                REJECT
> milter-link-Connect:.pools.arcor-ip.net REJECT
> milter-link-Connect:84.142.49.213       REJECT
>

> If I send a message from outside to this host with http://aol.com in the =
> body  milter-link is recognizing the link and marks it to REJECT (which =
> is OK as given by access.db). But the message isn't rejected but =
> delivered ???
>
> I'm sure that I've been misunderstanding somewhat there ?!

OK. The original intent for milter-link-body: was to whitelist the
domain, ie. ignore it, when scanning. However, it would seem that an
explicit rejection of a URI domain does not reject the message
containing the URI. I'll see about fixing it.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         ICQ: 7116561          BarricadeMX & Milters

Lists Index Date Thread Search