[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1711
From: Ben Spencer
Date: 2007-09-20 12:49:29 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-spamc timing out after 10 seconds? - new

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

> This 10 seconds timeout issue is most unusual and I'm at a loss as to
> where to look next. The fact that it affects two content filters
> (-spamc, -clamc) made me suspect some issue in my socketWrite() code in
> filterBody() handler, but the inclusion of milter-spiff, an envelope
> milter has me baffled. I can only speculate that, if there is a problem,
> it is in libsnert smf.c init code or socket2.c API some how.
The -spiff milter is the same also -- while that isn't a bad thing (10
seconds for queries is too long), it cuts off within the same 10 seconds (if
that helps with the code determination)

> BTW you've stated the OS version, but not that of Sendmail & libmilter.
> I trust you have the matching version of libmilter and headers for the
> sendmail you're running, since 8.14 introduced many new things over
> 8.13; mixing the two might have unusual behaviour - just guessing.

Sendmail & libmilter 8.13.1 (the sendmail and sendmail-devel packages from
RedHat). As much as I can, I am trying to stick with delivered items --
rather they maintain it then I have to.

> In milter-spamc.cf try "verbose=info,trace,dialog,libmilter"
It was already set at "
verbose=info,trace,parse,dialog,database,debug,libmilter,socket-fd,socket-al
l" which I assume is good/better ?

> On Linux, have a wander through /proc/sys/net/ipv4. Check the keepalive
> settings and anything else that looks interesting. I not well versed in
> TCP/IP parameters, so not much help and OpenBSD's sysctl net.inet.* are
> different from Linux that I can't compare.

I will take a peek in /proc/sys/net/ipv4 again. When I first looked there,
nothing seemed to be set to "10" (or 10000 for ms) and nothing else stood
out which would make this so consistent. I will look again though also.

-noop is installed in the same manner as -spamc (sendmail connecting over
the network to the mitler). Current defined as "T=C:5s;S:5s;R:5s;E:5s" What
information would you like from it?

Benji

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s