[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1699
From: Ulf Bahrenfuss
Date: 2007-09-14 03:33:51 -0400
Subject: milter-sender callback problems

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

It seems, that my mail went AWOL, so I am posting it again.=20

Now I have a running milter-sender that does not call back to myself and
I found two other problems.

First: I do see errors in the log and rejections stating that I could
not reach/verify another system during callback. Manual testing found
the server reachable and accepting/denying (if not a real address)
mails.=20

The log shows from milter sender:=20
opening SMTP connection to 195.4.xx.xx
195.4.xx.xx connection failed code=3D421 rc=3D2

The main quirk of their system is, that they only have one MX (milter
sender logs this), but they have a DNS round robin with a long list.=20

Tcpdump shows not callback packets in these cases whatsoever.
(This is only an example of more of these errors. There are more of
these against other servers, but this provider has enough traffic that I
can test and sniff without long waits ;-) A note: They use TLS as server
and client and we also support TLS two way, but we do not have
verification with them.

And another problem: I do have greylisting deactivated (Greylisting Time
of 0, I do that in a separate milter) and I want to disable the check
MxAcceptsAll (It does not serve any function). Is that possible or do I
have to change the code?

And something to note for others: If you do have TLS enabled and you
have sites that enforce TLS with you, you should whitelist these sites
for milter-sender. Otherwise the callback will always fail, because the
milter does not use TLS.... Been there, seen it, got not t-shirt.

Regards

Ulf

Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail ist nur dann rechtsverbindlich, wenn er von unse=
rer Seite schriftlich bestatigt wird. Diese E-Mail enthalt vertrauliche I=
nformationen. Wenn Sie wissen oder erkennen konnen, dass Sie diese vertra=
ulichen Informationen nicht erhalten sollten, informieren Sie uns bitte u=
nd loschen Sie diese E-Mail von Ihrem System. Eine Weiterverwendung oder =
Verbreitung dieser vertraulichen Informationen ist nicht gestattet.

The content of this e-mail may only be deemed to be legally binding if it=
 is confirmed by us in writing. This e-mail contains confidential informa=
tion. If you know or if you can perceive that you are not intended to rec=
eive this confidential information please inform us and delete this e-mai=
l from your system. It is not allowed to use or distribute the confidenti=
al information.

TALKLINE GmbH & Co. KG mit Sitz in Elmshorn, AG Pinneberg HRA 1390, Ust.-=
ID-Nr. DE 214 084 145, Steuernr. 13/280/01306; personlich haftende Gesell=
schafterin: TALKLINE Verwaltungs GmbH mit Sitz in Elmshorn, AG Pinneberg =
HRB 2039; Geschaftsfuhrung: Christian Winther, Vorsitzender und CEO, Moge=
ns Soegaard Hansen, CFO; Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Axel Ruckert

SEE YOU www.talkline.de

Lists Index Date Thread Search