[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1695
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2007-09-13 14:51:33 -0400
Subject: Re: AW: Sharing milter-ahead greylist?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Ulf Bahrenfuss wrote:
> That would be a fine feature also in milter-sender....

> -----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: milters-bounce@milter.info [mailto:milters-bounce@milter.info] Im Au=
> ftrag von Christopher Lindsey
> An: milters@milter.info
> Betreff: [milters] Sharing milter-ahead greylist?
>
> Is there any mechanism in place to share the milter-ahead greylist across
> multiple servers or use other storage mechanisms?

milter-ahead does not do grey listing. I think you are confusing
milter-gris.

> Using a shared data source would obviously remedy this, allowing greylist=
> ing
> to work on the second attempt like expected.

I have been meaning to add my multicast/unicast cache support, which is
used in BarricadeMX, to those milters that use a cache like milter-gris,
milter-sender, milter-ahead, milter-limit, milter-siq, milter-error, ...

> Also, is there any way to have milter-ahead just add a header or somethin=
> instead of blocking a message outright?  Being able to score based on=20
> headers in spamassassin is preferable because of user customization.

I don't follow. milter-ahead is used on a mail gateway and is suppose to
reject a message if the recipient does not exist on the mail store
machine, so I see no point to adding a header to a message that is going
to be rejected by the mail store if it were allowed to pass through the
gateway.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         ICQ: 7116561      Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search