[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1677
From: Rose, Bobby
Date: 2007-09-04 11:25:36 -0400
Subject: Milter-error Issue

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

In July, I started using milter-error in the hope of dealing with repeat
offenders but sometimes I see that even if I have a
milter-error-connect: x.x.x  OK for exclusions, I sometimes see
milter-error not excluding hosts with an IP in that subnet range.  Most
of the time it does exclude but occassionally it doesn't.  It can go for
hours behaving appropriately but then occassionally start applying the
general milter-error offender policy for a short period of time, then
it'll start working fine again (well short of the cache-ttl).  When I've
increased logging, it looks like milter-error is doing the access.db
lookup but doesn't seem to be matching on those occassions that it's
misbehaving, even if I'm whitelisting the IP itself.  Is milter-error
sensitive to the access.db being rebuilt?  I do have a process that
looks at the mail logs and dynamically block IP's and remakemap the
access file after being updated.  Milter-sender has never seem to have a
problem with it, but then it's developmentally more mature.

Bobby Rose
Senior Systems Administrator
MSIS Network Operations
Wayne State University School of Medicine
=20

Lists Index Date Thread Search