[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1657
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2007-08-27 08:43:33 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-spamc changing to recipient's userid

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Michael Grant wrote:
>> I set as spamd-user=spamass, and it's not even setting the userid to
>> spamass, it seems to be using user 'nobody'.
>>
>> Does milter-spamc run the recipient through alias and virtusertable
>> expansion to try and find the true user?
>>
>> Here is my milter-spamc.cf file:
>>
>> spamd-user=spamass
>> extra-reject=10
>
> Just an update here, it does seem to be changing to user spamass, but
> it's not reading ~spamass/.spamassassin/user_prefs which is odd.

Then that is a spamd/SpamAssassin problem, not a milter problem. The
milter through the spamd protocol will specify a User: header to spamd.
What spamd does with it afterwards is any bodies guess.

> But in any case, it's certainly not changing to the proper user id.

First you say it is above, then it isn't. Which is it? What is not
changing?

The milter process does not change ownership, nor does it read
SpamAssassin configuration files ever. The milter, if it can determine a
value, will send a User: header to spamd. The spamd process will not
change process id though any SpamAssassin children forked to filter a
message probably will change ownership.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         ICQ: 7116561      Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search