[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1655
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2007-08-27 08:11:28 -0400
Subject: Re: Milter for delaying email to a blocking ISP.

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Jim Hermann - UUN Hostmaster wrote:
> Could I use milter-ahead in backup-mx mode to check if the ISP is available
> and queue the email message until the ISP stops blocking my email server? Or
> is there another method?

If you are forwarding inbound mail to another ISP on behalf of someone,
then backup-mx would be the correct option to use. The mail would then
be accept and sit in your mail queue until it succeeds in being
transferred or expires, default 5 days unless you have change the expire
times of such things in sendmail as I have.

If you're talking outbound, then milter-ahead would not be the correct
method, just let sendmail queue the message until it succeeds or expires.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         ICQ: 7116561      Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search