[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1654
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2007-08-27 08:05:41 -0400
Subject: FYI: How to fix MS Exchange DSN/NDR/bounce message mangling...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

The following has just been brought to my attention and I just had to
share this useful fix:

The default Exchange configuration with respect to Delivery Status
Notifications aka Non-Delivery Reports aka bounce messages mangles DSN
messages into some useless brain damaged format that loses useful
diagnostic information such as original message headers, SMTP server
postmaster's contact information of the SMTP server that rejected the
message.

To correct this BROKEN behaviour, modify the Exchange server registry
with regedit:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\ParametersSystem\InternetContent
Value: RenderDSNsAsMessages
Type: REG_DWORD
Value Data: 1

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/812806 for details.

The above appears also in a SnertSoft FAQ article for future reference.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         ICQ: 7116561      Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search