[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1649
From: Jim Hermann - UUN Hostmaster
Date: 2007-08-25 23:14:43 -0400
Subject: Milter for delaying email to a blocking ISP.

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Is it possible to use an existing milter or another method to delay email to
a blocking ISP?

My email server runs sendmail as a queued email server for about 200 virtual
domains on the same machine.  Once or twice each year, one ISP or another
will decide to block email from my email server by using a 554 Service
Unavailable response.

I usually switch the IP Address to another bound IP Address until I can
convince the ISP not to block the other IP Address.  However, in the
meantime, email messages are bounced by the ISP back to the virtual domains.

Could I use milter-ahead in backup-mx mode to check if the ISP is available
and queue the email message until the ISP stops blocking my email server? Or
is there another method?

Thanks.

Jim
-----
Jim Hermann <hostmaster@UUism.net>
UUism Networks <http://www.UUism.net>
Ministering to the Needs of Online UUs
Web Hosting, Email Services, Mailing Lists
-----

Lists Index Date Thread Search