[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1630
From: Greg Matthews
Date: 2007-08-06 06:13:26 -0400
Subject: milter-ahead address harvesting

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Is it possible for this to result in a temporary failure (4xx) rather
than a permanent failure (5xx) so that once the cache expires, these
"benign" MTAs can try again?

That way I could set the cache-reject-ttl to something relatively short
(say one hour) and the sending MTA could retry. This may not work if the
sending MTA retries inside one hour and refreshes the cache - does the
cache work like that? or are entries expired after the ttl regardless of
how recently they were used?

GREG
--
Greg Matthews           01491 692445