[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1613
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2007-06-05 07:53:20 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-spiff not using TCP with truncated DNS replies?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Chris Burton wrote:
> I'm not sure if I'm missing something else but the only reason I could see
> for this happening was if milter-spiff only used UDP queries to fetch the A
> records and the IP used wasn't in the listed due to the reply being
> truncated?

I use my own DNS client code and it does not yet support TCP queries.
What you describe is most likely with sites that have so many multihome
addresses that they exceed the UDP packet size.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         ICQ: 7116561      Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search