[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1602
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2007-05-30 14:51:03 -0400
Subject: Re: BarricadeMX released...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Richard McLean wrote:
>> Hmm. There is so MUCH in BarricadeMX it will be hard to list everything,
>> but I'll try:
>

> Lots of nice stuff there Anthony. Just wondering, where does this leave the
> current milters in the scheme of things? For example, are you allowed to
> (or want to) use code/ideas used for BarricadeMX in your other products,

My milters will continue. Since I own all the code it has been my
intention when I get a free cycle to back-port some ideas into my
milters. For example I've been sitting on milter-gcc 1.0 with the
multicast / unicast cache code and enhanced grey-listing extensions for
a few months now.

> or are they now owned by the "group"? The things that you said you were
> going to incorporate into existing milters, will they still be incorporated at
> some stage, or will BarricadeMX be the only way to get them?

With respect to the multicast / unicast cache for my milters, that will
happen. Too useful not to. Other things will back port as I get around
to them.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         ICQ: 7116561      Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search