[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1594
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2007-05-30 09:09:34 -0400
Subject: Re: Valid Bounced Message

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Jim Hermann - UUN Hostmaster wrote:
> I received this bounced message from a recipient of an email that I sent.
> The logs indicate that came from "<>".
>
> Is this a valid format?
>
> It does not include my message in the body.  Therefore, milter-null did not
> recognize it as being sent from my machine and it discarded the message
> until I changed the policy to none..

In the case of a vacation/away message, if it does not include the
original message's headers, then there is nothing that can be done since
there is no X-Null-Tag: nor sender's Date: headers from which to
compare. In the case of vacation away messages, I would say this is not
important.

I have started looking into your other related bug reports concerning
milter-null.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         ICQ: 7116561      Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search