[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1557
From: Ben Spencer
Date: 2007-04-17 12:59:59 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-clamc timing out after 10 seconds

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Anthony

> The milter is at filterEndMessage() so the E: value applies. For C: to
> apply you would have to be at filterOpen(). Did you change the
> clamd-timeout or milter-timeout settings?

Hmmm....unsure?

-bash-3.00# cat milter-clamc.cf
clamd-policy=none
clamd-socket=66.185.253.206,3310
policy=reject
verbose=info,trace

-bash-3.00# grep -v "^#" clamd.conf|grep -v "^$"
LogFileMaxSize 0
LogTime yes
LogClean yes
LogSyslog yes
LogFacility LOG_MAIL
LogVerbose yes
PidFile /var/run/clamd.pid
TemporaryDirectory /tmp
DatabaseDirectory /var/lib/clamav
LocalSocket /var/sock/clamav/clamd
FixStaleSocket yes
TCPSocket 3310
MaxConnectionQueueLength 30
StreamMaxLength 500M
MaxThreads 50
ReadTimeout 300
SelfCheck 600
User clamav
Debug yes
AlgorithmicDetection yes
ScanOLE2 yes
ScanMail yes
PhishingSignatures yes
ScanHTML yes
ScanArchive yes

> When posting logs, please be sure to give the whole log session
>
> 	grep -E '(clamc.+: 11763|l3HDqrGl002840)' /var/log/maillog

I sent via private email due to the size of the logs (49K).

> as this may provide more context as to what is going on. Are you
running
>   with verbose=info,trace,dialog

Ok...I changed the verbose setting on milter-clamc to include dialog
(since it already included info & trace). If you need a new log file
example since enabling "dialog", let me know.

> Remember that clamd can take a long time to search the signatures.
>
> The current recommended T= values in milter-clamc/0.5 are
> 'C:20s;S:20s;R:20s;E:5m'. Still the E: is five minutes, so I have no
> idea where the 10 second timeout is from.

Yeah, that is why I am confused also.

benji

Lists Index Date Thread Search