[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1539
From: Grant Taylor
Date: 2007-04-12 10:28:42 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-spamc

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

On 04/11/07 18:12, Andy Druda wrote:
> It looks like milter-spamc can utilize users settings (I assume from
> ~user/.spamassassin/.user_prefs?) but is there any way to get user
> settings from a server other than the one the milter and spamc is
> running on?  I would rather not mount the entire user directory to the
> server with the milter on it.  Are the users prefs done in a different
> way that wont require a home directory for each user?  I would not mind
> a directory of all user preference files or a database or something like
> that.

I believe you can configure milter-spamc to get user preferences from an
SQL database.  However, when doing so milter-spamc passes just the local
part of the recipient email address to spamc, not the entire recipient
email address.  This is probably fine for most people.  However if you
are wanting to run SpamAssassin on messages as they pass through your
system, as in a spam filtering mail relay, you have more problems
getting user settings b/c there is not the full email address.  I have
started using spamass-milter for this reason.  Either milter-spamc or
spamass-milter should work just fine for an individual receiving company.

If you are pulling user preferences from an SQL database, you could have
multiple scanning nodes pull from a central repository with out a problem.

Is this what you are wanting?

Grant. . . .

Lists Index Date Thread Search