[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1538
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2007-04-12 08:49:13 -0400
Subject: Re: milter-spamc

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Andy Druda wrote:
> It looks like milter-spamc can utilize users settings (I assume from
> ~user/.spamassassin/.user_prefs?) but is there any way to get user
> settings from a server other than the one the milter and spamc is
> running on?  I would rather not mount the entire user directory to the

When user settings are used with milter-spamc, it assumes that the
local-part of the mail address is the user-id and passes that, unless
there are more than one recipient, in which case the profile of the last
  recipient specified is used, unless the spamd-user option is
specified, in which case that is used.

> server with the milter on it.  Are the users prefs done in a different
> way that wont require a home directory for each user?  I would not mind
> a directory of all user preference files or a database or something like
> that.

SpamAssassin handle the user profiles. If you put SpamAssassin on the
machine where those profiles exist, then you can use an Internet socket
instead of a unix domain socket to contact the host running spamd. That
way you avoid having to mount the home directories for SpamAssassin.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search