[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1522
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2007-04-02 04:42:21 -0400
Subject: Re: Does such a milter exist...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Grant Taylor wrote:
>> Hmm. milter-group...
>
> Are you starting to think that this could be a worth while milter?  This

What I'm saying is my mind has started brain storming ideas. So I guess
that it means it is possibly worth while. I would still suggest using
milter-cli to prototype the idea before I waste a day or so coding,
testing, and documenting a new milter.

> is the first time that I have seen any reference to milter-group???
>
>> Target                                          Member of group
>> milter-group-to:fluffy-bunnies.com		pets, staff, bofh
>> milter-group-to:postmaster@			bofh, support
>> milter-group-to:abuse@			support
>>
>> milter-group-from:prez@vicious-bunny-rabbit.com	phb
>>
>> milter-group-connect:192.168			staff, marketing
>
>> Not sure the worth of -connect or -from variants and the precedence if
>> used, but its an idea.
>
> I would think that it would be worth while to be able to white / black
> list based on the from address.  I don't know that connect would be all
> that helpfully, though it may be worth it too if it is easy to implement.

Connect: is typically better for B/W listing than From: However, I'm
thinking can there be instances when the connecting client or sender can
dictate group?

>> In the case of postmaster/abuse I would have collected the whole list
>> and at DATA if either of those appears with any other
>> non-postmaster/abuse address, then temp.fail/reject.
>
> Will you please explain why you would want to handle postmaster / abuse
> any different than other recipients?

I was thinking aloud on previous ideas of how I might do it as a
milter-cli script, since that works at DATA. It's not important for a
generalised milter.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search