[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1517
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2007-03-31 02:35:26 -0400
Subject: Re: Does such a milter exist...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Grant Taylor wrote:
> Does such a milter exist that can be configured to return a 4xy series
> to a specific class of recipients (i.e. abuse@, root@, postmaster@,
> administrator@, hostmaster@, etc) if there are any recipients not in
> that class?  Or if the vice versa is true, i.e. recipients not in said
> class when recipients in that class are requested?

You could test this with milter-cli and a script. You could also try
forcing sendmail into one message one recipient mode by specifying the
max. number of recipients of 1. It should force the sending mailer to
split out envelopes or take a long time to deliver a message destined to
many people at the same site.

> I'm hoping that by returning an 4xy series error sending servers will be
> directed to resend to said recipients on a subsequent queue cycle.

As someone else already said. Sounds a lot like grey-listing.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search