[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1516
From: Dennis Willson
Date: 2007-03-30 14:31:51 -0400
Subject: Re: Does such a milter exist...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Why not just greylist? That's what it does.

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 09:34:14 -0500
  Grant Taylor <gtaylor@riverviewtech.net> wrote:
>Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
>More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support
>
>Does such a milter exist that can be configured to return a 4xy
>series
>to a specific class of recipients (i.e. abuse@, root@, postmaster@,
>administrator@, hostmaster@, etc) if there are any recipients not in
>that class?  Or if the vice versa is true, i.e. recipients not in
>said
>class when recipients in that class are requested?
>
>I'm wanting to do such to try to cut down on all the postmaster@
>recipients included in the dictionary attack style userA@ / userB@ /
>userC@ / etc.
>
>The filters that I'm running allow me to set per recipient values for
>tests (SA, etc.) that fall back to default if there are multiple
>recipients listed.
>
>I'm hoping that by returning an 4xy series error sending servers will
>be
>directed to resend to said recipients on a subsequent queue cycle.
>
>What are people's thoughts / opinions on the possibility / viability
>of
>doing such?
>

>Grant. . . .

Dennis Willson

taz@taz-mania.com
http://www.taz-mania.com

Ham (Extra Class w/code): KA6LSW
GMRS : WQGF680
Scuba: Rescue Diver, EANx, Wreck, Night, Alt,
Equip, UW Photographer, Gas Blender

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of
arriving safely in a nice looking and well preserved body, but rather
to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming, "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!"

Lists Index Date Thread Search