[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1515
From: Grant Taylor
Date: 2007-03-30 10:34:14 -0400
Subject: Does such a milter exist...

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Does such a milter exist that can be configured to return a 4xy series
to a specific class of recipients (i.e. abuse@, root@, postmaster@,
administrator@, hostmaster@, etc) if there are any recipients not in
that class?  Or if the vice versa is true, i.e. recipients not in said
class when recipients in that class are requested?

I'm wanting to do such to try to cut down on all the postmaster@
recipients included in the dictionary attack style userA@ / userB@ /
userC@ / etc.

The filters that I'm running allow me to set per recipient values for
tests (SA, etc.) that fall back to default if there are multiple
recipients listed.

I'm hoping that by returning an 4xy series error sending servers will be
directed to resend to said recipients on a subsequent queue cycle.

What are people's thoughts / opinions on the possibility / viability of
doing such?

Grant. . . .

Lists Index Date Thread Search