[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1511
From: Paul Houselander
Date: 2007-03-19 12:44:16 -0400
Subject: Re: failed to open "/etc/mail/access.db" {Scanned by Allteks Mailsafe}

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

file /etc/mail/access.db reports Berkeley DB (Hash, version 8, native =

Ive managed to get milter-null running on another of my mail gateways, =
this time it went fairly straight forward. The file command reports the =
same for the access.db file.

Im using CentOS and the Berkeley DB libraries from the standard centos =
install, rpm -qa | grep db returns

plus this is a fresh install with very little other software currently =
configured or installed.=20

The mail gateway I got this working on is CentOS 4.3 compared to 4.4 =
which is not working, however the db4 packages and sendmail packages are =
exactly the same versions.

I dont think its a permissions problem as ive tried with 666 permisions =
on the access.db file and still get the error, is there a way of telling =
what version of the BDB library libsnert/milter is expecting?

Lists Index Date Thread Search