[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1508
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2007-03-19 09:28:19 -0400
Subject: Re: Milter-null Core Dump

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Jim Hermann - UUN Hostmaster wrote:
> Sysctl reports:
> error: "kern.nosuidcoredump" is an unknown key

I said "kern.nosuidcoredump" is for OpenBSD, not Linux. And it's
something different on Solaris too.

> Does milter-null have to run as a suid program?  I have the user and group
> set to root, so it is not a feature that I use.

It has to start as root, then drops privileges to whatever run-user and
run-group are set.

> I'm having trouble just identifying which program is crashing the box, so
> all I need is the PID.  The offending program does not log anything and it
> crashes within seconds.

Have you made sure that /etc/syslogd.conf is configured to accept all or
debug level messages for mail?

	mail.*		/var/log/maillog
or
	mail.debug	/var/log/maillog

If you change /etc/syslogd.conf, remember to "pkill -HUP syslogd" for
the changes to take effect.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search