[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1504
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2007-03-19 04:43:03 -0400
Subject: Re: Milter-null Core Dump

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Jim Hermann - UUN Hostmaster wrote:
> Something is bringing down my leased server periodically and the admins want
> to blame any program that I added.
>
> How do I get milter-null to produce a core dump if it crashes?
> I can't seem to get it to work when I kill -QUIT <pid>

Are you using the latest version 0.3.10 with libsnert 1.63.892?

What OS and version?

What version of Sendmail / libmilter?

You have to enable setuid / daemon core dumps. How to do this varies
with OS / version. For OpenBSD set:

	sysctl kern.nosuidcoredump=0

Once enabled, core files would be placed in work-dir, which by default
is /var/tmp. Remember core dumps are only useful if you configured and
built libsnert with --enable-debug, then configured and built the
milter. You'll need gdb install to view the core dump.

# gdb milter-null /var/tmp/$filename
(gdb) where
(gdb) quit
#

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search