[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1501
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2007-03-15 13:01:46 -0400
Subject: Re: Snert version of milter-regex?

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Richard McLean wrote:
> Anthony, are there any chances of a Snert equivalent of milter-regex in
> the future?
>
> <http://www.benzedrine.cx/milter-regex.html>

I've considered it off and on over the years. I had/have some ideas what
I might do if I did. I've never been pressed, since any time I want
regex based filtering I either use milter-spamc and custom SpamAssassin
rules, or I use milter-cli with AWK scripts (or Ruby, PHP, etc.). I also
added some basic RE support with pattern-lists in almost all the milters
for access.db B/W checks, which is being reviewed by the way.

So I wonder what a dedicated Snert regex milter might do better or
differently than milter-regex? I've never looked too closely at it.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search