[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1493
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2007-03-11 01:52:00 -0500
Subject: Re: Feedback desired about black / white listing support.

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Richard McLean wrote:
> At 4:55 PM -0600 9/3/07, Ren=E9 Berber wrote:
>> No, it does not.  Clearly we have coped without this feature since I
>> haven't seen it implemented or requested too much.  MailScanner
>> has it, and that's where I use it, and very seldom at that.

Also the milters are used stand alone outside of MailScanner
installations and so the need for such a facility in the milter is still
necessary. The [milters] list doesn't get all such requests. Often they
come through the ticket system or direct to me.

> The point being that if the milters could do it, we wouldn't need to
> run much mail through MailScanner at all, getting rid of a bunch of
> overhead, resource use, and an extra layer of complexity.

Wait until you see my next product designed as a pre-filter with
MailScanner in mind or for use stand alone (nudge nudge wink wink).

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search