[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1490
From: Richard McLean
Date: 2007-03-09 18:26:53 -0500
Subject: Re: Feedback desired about black / white listing

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Hi All,

>I suppose the real question concerning my milters is what is the most=20
>common default _expectation_ of how RELAY should be applied w.r.t. milter=
>s?
>
>     white list and pass through (current & technically literal design)
>or
>     filter before relay

I'd certainly vote for filter before relay, at least for the milters it
makes sense for. milter-spamc, milter-link and milter-clamc for
example would be definite filter before relay candidates here,
milter-null and the mail format policies, 7bit for example, not
so much.

>Yes, but at the sake of more access.db lookups which could be a
>performance issues on high volume sites. Does the feature warrant
>the extra overhead?

Is it something that could be compiled in or turned on/off? That way
only those that need it have the extra overhead.

--

cheers,
Richard

http://www.golivehost.com :: high