[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1487
From: <milters@legosoft.com.mx>
Date: 2007-03-09 14:22:23 -0500
Subject: Re: Feedback desired about black / white listing support.

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Anthony Howe wrote:

> a) Reduce number of lookups: consider dropping support for sendmail
> untagged entries, which have been deprecated by sendmail for a long
> time, but haven't yet disappeared.

They should be deprecated everywhere.

> b) Revisit support for sendmail's Connect:, From:, To:, and Spam: tags
> which are currently used for global B/W behaviour in my milters.
>=20
> c) Related to b) revisit what RHS values are supported? Should RELAY
> white list or be ignored?

RELAY is the most general form of whitelist, why ignore? makes no sense t=
o ignore.

> d) Revisit pattern-lists. Are they used at all or only rarely? If so
> which ones? CIDR patterns appear to be most useful, should I keep only
> this one and chuck the rest?

Not used at all, but CIDR could be useful.

> e) Consider new tags to provide delay-check like behaviour with combo
> lookups, ie. Connect:From:, Connect:Auth:, Connect:To:, From:To: I have=

> a very long brain storm mail about this from a private discussion to=20
> post later about this.

I like this one, the lack of logical operators in Sendmail's access is so=
mething
we stumble sometimes, this "combo" will act as a logical AND so it is a s=
tep in
the right direction.
--=20
Ren=C3=A9 Berber