[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1460
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2007-02-28 10:22:23 -0500
Subject: Re: Milter-gris an .ax TLD

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Derek J. Balling wrote:
> The things I never knew the milters were doing....
> This should probably be a configurable option somehow, as it is not at
> all uncommon for sites to use 'internal' domains as well, which might
> not have valid TLDs. (I know, for instance, that I did consulting work
> for a company who had a private VPN connection to one of their
> vendor/partners, and e-mail that went across that VPN link was sent
> to/from ".local" domains.
>
> If my milter decided it was going to reject mail like that, I'd be
> highly annoyed. :-)

Specify -reject-unknown-tld and -reject-rfc2606 to disable these tests.
AND .localdomain and .local are considered part of RFC 2606 family since
you should never see those on the public internet. The alternative is
simply to add a:

Connect:lan-ip-family 	OK

eg.

Connect:192.168.0	OK

to access and it would by-pass such tests locally while allowing you to
filter them from the outside.

.local is used for multicast DNS and is an Internet Draft as I recall.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search