[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1447
From: Steffan Vigano
Date: 2007-02-19 13:44:15 -0500
Subject: Re: milter-lenght with Outlook

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

> But on my client (MS Outlook 2003) the message still is in the outbox folder
> and outlooks tries to send it again and again.

I've seen this before with other email size limiting features on various
Mail servers.  The problem is at the client level. Outlook is not
interpreting the error code from the mail server correctly and re-queues
the message back into the outbox.  The only fix is to remove the
offending email manually from within Outlook.  Seems to be limited to
certain versions/revision levels and is not global across the product
line, but I never bothered to track it down further.   I'd be willing to
bet it's not the milter.
-S

Lists Index Date Thread Search