[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1422
From: Derek J. Balling
Date: 2007-02-06 13:22:31 -0500
Subject: Re: Per user settings

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

> Hmm. I don't think it does what you expect or both our memories have
> gone funny since that request was commissioned. The problem with this
> option is that some MTA or MUA will abort a message if any recipient is
> rejected, not all continue to deliver with those that were accepted.
the changelog shows it as :

    +	Added -l option to limit number of "untrusted" RCPTs. This is
    	different from sendmail's:

    		define(`confMAX_RCPTS_PER_MESSAGE', 50)dnl

	which affects all users, authenticated, white-listed, or otherwise.
	Requested by Derek Balling.

... which followed on a conversation you and I had that I needed the
ability to say "inbound messages are limited to 1 RCPT, so that per-user
filtering can happen, but authenticated messages, or messages from
internal whitelisted IP addresses, would be entitled to send as many as
they wanted/needed to.

And, IMHO, if a sending-site is misbehaving enough that they bork the
"additional" (2+) recipients, then that's something the sending site
needs to fix, not that the recipient-site needs to necessarily work around.

Cheers,

Lists Index Date Thread Search