[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1418
From: Grant Taylor
Date: 2007-02-06 12:01:42 -0500
Subject: Re: FreeBSD, db1.85 and milter-bcc

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Anthony Howe wrote:
> Ever since then its been my policy NOT to provide tech. support for BDB
> 1.85 after all the headaches its caused. It's just not worth my time. I
> occasionally test to make sure it compiles with BDB 1.85 on my OpenBSD
> server. Typically for just processing the access.db in read-only mode
> it's fine, but I've given up using it for caching in a multi-threaded
> multi-process environment.

I think there is a semantical difference in the meaning of "support".
Scott is meaning will it work on the system at all, where as Anthony is
meaning "technical support" of problems.  The former is supported in the
code as it will compile and might work, and the later is not supported
by Anthony.

Grant. . . .

Lists Index Date Thread Search