[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1416
From: Derek J. Balling
Date: 2007-02-06 11:27:30 -0500
Subject: Re: Per user settings

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

> You have to have split recipients into individual messages before you
> can apply per-user configurations and a standard sendmail/milter setup
> doesn't support this. You would have to have a two stage sendmail
> server: first sendmail instance splits recipients and the second
> sendmail instances applies per-user configurations. For content milters
> this not too bad, but for pre-DATA milters who's objective is to reject
> mail during the SMTP session before accepting any content, you loose out
> with a two stage setup.
If you're using milter-spamc, you can

	max-untrusted=1

to the options, so that untrusted users can only send 1 RCPT (all others
get 4XX'ed).

I think that this is the "happy medium" so you don't have to
accept-then-bounce, but you can also get per-user options, which is why
I requested it in the first place. Perhaps it might be useful to bundle
that option into other milters as well, Anthony?

Just thinking out loud....

Cheers,

Lists Index Date Thread Search