[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1414
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2007-02-06 11:11:07 -0500
Subject: Re: Per user settings

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Mike Horwath wrote:
> Anyone started hacking either milter-link or milter-date to support
> per user lookups and decisions based on said lookups?

Per-user configurations do NOT work will when you have multiple
recipients in the message. You might have one user that says OK and
another that says REJECT - which one has priority?

You have to have split recipients into individual messages before you
can apply per-user configurations and a standard sendmail/milter setup
doesn't support this. You would have to have a two stage sendmail
server: first sendmail instance splits recipients and the second
sendmail instances applies per-user configurations. For content milters
this not too bad, but for pre-DATA milters who's objective is to reject
mail during the SMTP session before accepting any content, you loose out
with a two stage setup.

> If no one has started, then I'll probably start the hackery required
> to get them to use a MySQL database and query/reset things based on
> per user settings.

I suggest you read my license first. My code is not GPL nor Open Source
as defined by http://www.opensource.org/docs/definition.php Any changes
you create would be private for you own use. You could submit them to
me, but no guarantees I'll use the code, though I might reimplement it
if the idea is interesting.

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search