[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1412
From: Mike Horwath
Date: 2007-02-06 10:29:28 -0500
Subject: Re: FreeBSD, db1.85 and milter-bcc

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

> 1. I dropped support for Berkeley DB 1.85 about three years ago. Use of
> it is NOT recommended, particularly for caching purposes.

Are you sure about that?

% file milter-link-access.db
milter-link-access.db: Berkeley DB 1.85 (Hash, version 2, native byte-order)

FreeBSD 6.2-x system, no special BDB loaded, Postfix.

No issues.

I really hope I won't be forced to load up other BDB libraries on my
vanilla systems.  Then again, I am not using any caching systems or
items beyond milter-link and milter-date with Postfix.

> The next release of libsnert, changes a lot of this. With it comes a
> kvm (format conversion), kvmd (daemon), and kvmc (client) tools,
> intended for testing, but functional. When the next round of updates
> will be released I can't say. They're well past due and I'm being
> trying to get them all tested and ready.

kvm?  keyboard-video-mouse included with every download of libsnert? :)

--
Mike Horwath, reachable via drechsau@Geeks.ORG

Lists Index Date Thread Search