[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1410
From: Volker Stolz
Date: 2007-02-06 03:12:16 -0500
Subject: Re: FreeBSD, db1.85 and milter-bcc

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

On 06.02.2007, at 11:24, Scott Reber wrote:
> I am using FreeBSD 6.2.  I have installed db4.4.  I have configured
> libsnert-1.62 using "--enable-cache-db-185".  I  still get "failed to
> open "/etc/mail/access.db": Invalid argument" when I try to start
> milter-bcc 1.2.  Is there something I missed?
>
> If I can't coerce milter-bcc to talk db1.85, how can I compile
> sendmail
> to use db4.4 on a FreeBSD system?  Is there a way to build a "special"
> version of makemap that uses db4.4?  Then I could use a separate db
> file.
You should verify in the configure output (or config.log) that DB
1.85 support has indeed been picked up. Additionally, run "file etc/
mail/access.db" to verify the format of the accessdb (with plain
sendmail it should be DB 1.85). You can install sendmail from the
ports collection and set the desired BDB version using a Makefile
variable. Usually you can check the BDB version the milter was linked
with by running "ldd milter-foo".

Volker

-- File: PGP.sig
-- Desc: This is a digitally signed message part

Lists Index Date Thread Search