[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1405
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2007-01-30 12:38:07 -0500
Subject: Re: compiling libsnert on solaris 9

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Greg Matthews wrote:
> I've tried many versions of gcc, studio along with either make or gmake
> and the compilation always bombs out somewhere (not always the same
> place tho). Doesnt anyone use this on solaris?

The code has typically always built on Solaris 9 and 10. I have one
university in Austria that runs milter-sender on 5 Sun machines and I've
not had any recent build bug reports. Now if there were a build bug, it
should always fail consistently in the same place. If gcc is failing in
random places, it could be an indicator of a bad memory issue (I've seen
this many years ago on some Intel box).

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search