[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1383
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-12-29 13:54:29 -0500
Subject: Re: Have they cracked it? (Or am I simply paranoid?)

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

G1OGY (Dave) wrote:
> I have received a series of ~apparent~ porn spam (not a flood) during
> the past few days - the sort of thing that tempts in text with tales
> of grandmothers and young men and/or young women of asian parentage
> wielding certain implements. These are common - a few sentences and a
> URL.  They score 20/25++ on the vocabulary employed and are generally
> rejected.

How long does it take for the command line scan of an example message on
average?

> All of the ones that have infiltrated are addressed to the same email
> address and have circumvented the barriers through:
> milter-spamc[<pid>]: <message id> timeout before input from SPAMD
> server milter-spamc[<pid>]: <message id> SPAMD status line failure

Sounds like SpamAssassin being its usually bloated & slow self. Are you
using the network tests? Does SpamAssassin consulting ORDB.com, which is
no longer working and so possibly causing a timeout? Are you consulting
maybe too many BLs. Have you updated recently SpamAssassin?

Have you increased the spamd-timeout value from the default 120s?

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search