[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1378
From: Ben Spencer
Date: 2006-12-18 06:29:22 -0500
Subject: Re: Trying to understand SPF a little better

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

I didn't set either policy in the config which would indicate (per the
website), that both are disabled. That really doesn't make sense though
as disabling both would mean SPF isn't even being used (things should
pass through)?

The MAIL FROM isn't <> though. It is someone@domain.com (Line 7 in the
text I gave). Line #4 in the text I gave actually doesn't make much
sense. It seems as if the helo should be helo=s900pxexcfen02.domain.org
as that was the string given for the helo. Since the helo check happens
before the mail from check, it does make sense that the mail=postmaster
address though.

> What is helo-policy and mail-policy set to? If the MAIL FROM:<> is
used
> then the result of the HELO test is used to resolve the null sender
> domain. See RFC 4408 2.2. The MAIL FROM Identity paragraph 2.
>
> http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4408.txt

Benji

Lists Index Date Thread Search