[milters] Archive

Lists Index Date Thread Search

Article: 1376
From: Anthony Howe
Date: 2006-12-18 05:36:52 -0500
Subject: Re: Trying to understand SPF a little better

Removal...........: milters-request@milter.info?subject=remove
More information..: http://www.milter.info/#Support

Ben Spencer wrote:
> I understand why it gave a temp error (look ups on domain.org do not
> work and domain.com doesn't have a TXT record), however, I do not
> understand why the message was rejected since spfMail=None. I was unable

What is helo-policy and mail-policy set to? If the MAIL FROM:<> is used
then the result of the HELO test is used to resolve the null sender
domain. See RFC 4408 2.2. The MAIL FROM Identity paragraph 2.

http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4408.txt

--
Anthony C Howe          Skype: SirWumpus                    SnertSoft
+33 6 11 89 73 78         AIM: SirWumpus    Sendmail Milter Solutions

Lists Index Date Thread Search